If you are buying or selling your home, applying for home insurance, refinancing your home, or notice that you have a musty smell in your home, you've come to the right place to get your home inspected!
- Full Home Inspection (structural, plumbing, electrical) for Buyers and Sellers
- Mold Inspections and Sampling
- Radon Testing
- Termite Inspection
- Property Condition Reports
- Merchant Site Inspections
- Draw Inspections
A Professional Home Inspection is a Wise Decision!
My name is Monica McKeown and I am the owner of 10 Fingers Ink. I've been both a buyer and a seller and I've had the pleasure of hiring very talented inspectors, but have also had some very bad experiences as well. I've received home inspection reports that were so difficult to understand that I needed an interpretor. As a buyer and/or seller, we aren't required to know the technical ins and outs of a house, but when we hire and inspector who does, it doesn't do us much good if we don't understand the report we paid for. Therefore, I try to bring a professional and thorough, yet easily understood product to you. No one can elimate all associated risks and costs in the home buying process, no matter what anyone promises you. However, I promise to look out for you, to provide you with the education you need about the home you are thinking about buying and to help reduce your risk in the home buying process.
An inspection from me enables you to take control of your real estate transaction by helping you to:
- survey the home's condition
- consider possible repairs and upgrades
- take measure of your investment decision
- experience confidence and piece of mind.
I am impartial and work only for you. My job is to provide you with a comprehensive and objective evaluation so that you can make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase the home, what repairs are necessary and how to maintain this invaluable investment. Your interests are my interests before, during and after the inspection. That means that you are encouraged to follow me throughout the inspection, that I will review my findings as we go along, as well as summarize any major issues at the end, and I will be available to you for any questions you may have after you receive your report. I look for things that the average homeowner would not see, potentially saving you thousands of dollars, as you make the biggest purchase of your life.
When the inspection is complete, you will receive a detailed report enhanced with digital pictures of the home in an easy-to-read, user friendly report. The report meets or exceeds New Jersey State requirements, NACHI, and ASHI Standards of Practice.
Why Hire 10 Fingers Ink?
- Professional, thorough, full Inspection
- Thorough, easy to read and understood report
- Certified and Licensed New Jersey Home Inspector
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
Very often lenders require Draw Inspections before releasing funds to the construction contractor on a home construction loan. A specific schedule needs to be adhered to in order to keep the project moving and Draw Inspection is often required in order to ensure that the job is completed correctly and on time.
A home buyer does not close escrow without hearing about the need for a home inspection, but what does a home inspection report disclose? A home inspection report from me is an unbiased assessment of the property, providing you information that can be used to plan for repairs, maintenance, upgrades and reveal conditions that may be important in negotiating the terms of the contract before you buy.
Whether you are sellling your home on your own or using a realtor, it's always a prudent idea to have a professional home inspection. Knowledge is power. All homes have strengths and weaknesses, and I can help you answer how serious the problems are, which must be immediately addressed and which can wait. The more you know about your home, the more prepared you will be for negotiation. In New Jersey, Sellers are responsible for providing a Seller's Property Disclosure Statement. This lists all known problems with your property. Your Pre-Listing Inspection supports your disclosure claims. By having an inspection before selling, you're prepared for items that may show up during the buyer's inspection. You can prevent extended negotiations if the repairs are made ahead of time. You'll also be able to negotiate from a much stronger position if you have an inspection report to compare against your buyer's report. Once inspected, I can provide you with a Move-In Certified Certification along with a full inspection report.
More About the Full Home Inspection
I am trained to inspect it condominiums, townhouses, bungalows, mobile homes, single family, multi-family, and small apartment complexes. A typical Home Inspection (approx. 2,000 sqft house) typically takes between 2.5 to 3 hours. Larger homes will take longer, and smaller homes and condominiums may take a little less.
The Full Home Inspection includes:
1) Structure, Basement & Crawl spaces (foundation, framing, beams, floors, walls, stairs, insulation, ventilation, posts and vapor barrier)
2) Roof (shingles, flashings, chimneys, vents, trim, gutters, skylights, downspouts, and other visible related items)
3) Attic (insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, and other visible related items)
4) Exterior (siding, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, and other visible exterior related components)
5) Heating and Cooling Systems (furnace, air cleaning parts, ductwork, air conditioner and lines, and other visible related HVAC components)
6) Plumbing and Fixtures (water pressure, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath tubs/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing system components)
7) Electrical Systems (service entry and clearances, service panel, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system, and other related electrical components)
8) Interior (floors, ceilings, walls, stairs and banisters, finishes, sinks, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, smoke detectors and safety-related items, and other visible interior-related components)
9) Fireplaces (hearth, fire chamber, damper, glass door, chimney, flue liner, chimney cap)
10) Overall structure (water damage, structural damage, frame defects, termite/insect damage, porch, deck, balconies, garage)
11) Grounds (driveway, walkways, patios, porches, balconies)
Your report will be completed within 24 to 48 hours and will be sent to you via email, as a PDF. A hard copy can also be mailed to you as well, at your request.